Foie Gras PB and J
photo by Food.com
- Ready In:
- 1 cup unsalted roasted cashews
- 2 tablespoons raw honey
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 brioche slider bun
- 1 teaspoon unsalted butter
- 1 (1/2-ounce) piece hudson valley foie gras
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon blonde pepper jelly, such as The Farmer's Daughter brand
- 1 strawberry, sliced
- 2 teaspoons crushed unsalted roasted cashews
- 2 teaspoons fresh chives, chopped
For the honey-cashew butter:
- Combine the cashews, honey, oil and some salt in the bowl of a food processor and pulse until a thick paste forms.
For the sandwich:
- Slice the bun open and place in a small frying pan with the butter over low heat until toasted and golden brown. Set aside.
- With a paring knife, score the foie gras in a diamond pattern and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Heat the frying pan on medium-high heat. Add the foie gras and sear until golden brown on both sides, about 20 minutes.
- Spread 1 teaspoon of the honey-cashew butter on the bottom bun and pepper jelly on the top bun. (Reserve the remaining honey-cashew butter for another use.) Place the foie gras on top of the honey-cashew butter and garnish with the strawberry slices, crushed cashews and chopped chives. Top with the jelly bun.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Affable Canadian chef Chuck Hughes is a restaurateur and television personality known for his inventive take on comfort food, which he shares on his show, Chuck's Day Off.