Fluffy "cut-Out" Sugar Cookies
photo by 998171
- Ready In:
- 1hr 7mins
5 dozen cookies
- 3 eggs (beaten well in side bowl)
- 1 cup butter (prefer land o lakes)
- 2 cups sugar (prefer extra fine Dixie crystals)
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup sour cream
- 6 1⁄2 cups bleached all purpose flour (pillsbury)
- beat well 3 eggs in a small side bowl.
- mix in large bowl moisten butter (20 sec microwave should do it, if you forgot to set the butter out to soften on its on, just softened not melted), sugar, vanilla, and eggs. Blend well.
- Next add baking soda, salt, baking powder ï¿½ mix well.
- Add sour cream ï¿½mix well.
- Add flour one cup at a time, once get to six cups only add a little at a time till you get the right consistency (use aprx. 6.5 cups).
- Put in freezer or fridge for a little while to make easier to handle.
- Roll out and cut into you favorite shapes. I like to place on parchment paper on my pans so they come off easy.
- Cook @ 325º until done (approx. 6-8 minutes depending on the thickness) Watch them closely dont over bake. Don't wait till they turn brown. I always watch the surface of the cookies when they are raw they look shiny once cooked they are matte.
- let cool then frost with your favorite icing recipe and decorate.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!