Fluffy Chocolate Frosting
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
All purpose chcolate frosting from the "Cake Mix Doctor" Makes enough to frost a 2 layer cake or 30 cupcakes.
- Ready In:
- 2⁄3 cup cocoa
- 6 tablespoons boiling water
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Place the cocoa in a mixing bowl and pour the boiling water over it. Stir with a wooden spoon until well mixed.
- Add the butter and beat at low speed until well mixed, about 30 seconds.
- Add sugar and vanilla and beat in at low speed.
- Increase speed to medium and beat until light and fluffy.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
I actually used strong brewed coffee for 1/2 of the boiling water & added a tsp of espresso powder, which really did enhance the chocolate taste. This is a simple but very tasty frosting recipe. Mine turned out more creamy than fluffy, but was super easy to spread & got rave reviews from my husband & daughter. I'm sure this will be a go-to recipe for impromptu treats!Reply
see 3 more