Fluffy Butter Cocoa Frosting
photo by JustJanS
- Ready In:
2 cups approx.
- 1⁄4 lb butter, very soft
- 2 1⁄3 cups powdered sugar
- 1⁄4 cup baking cocoa (or more for darker, richer flavor)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 -3 tablespoons milk or 2 -3 tablespoons cream (to desired spreading consistency)
- In a bowl (or 4 cup glass measuring cup is easier) add powdered sugar and cocoa.
- Cut in soft butter with a knife or fork.
- Add vanilla.
- Using mixer beat until fluffy.
- Add the milk or cream now until spreadable consistency is achieved.
- Frost COOLED (if warm it will melt the butter) cake, cookies, brownies, whatever!
- I use this recipe for my Moist Fudgy Cocoa Brownies.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!