Fluffy Baked Omelet
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
Mama's special omelet is so good, and we have had it for breakfast, brunch, lunch, and supper. Super good and super easy.
- Ready In:
- 4 large eggs
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 1 1⁄4 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄4 cup melted butter
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄2 cup grated cheddar cheese (optional)
- 1 (10 ounce) can whole asparagus spears, well drained (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Lightly grease a well seasoned iron skillet, and place it in the oven while the oven is preheating, and you are preparing the omelet.
- Separate the egg whites from the yolks.
- Beat the egg whites until stiff but not dry.
- Beat the egg yolks well, slowly add the flour and stir until smoothly blended.
- Add the milk and mix well.
- Lightly fold in the stiffly beaten egg whites.
- Remove the skillet from the oven and pour the omelet into it.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until the omelet is set in the center and lightly browned.
- When the omelet is done, remove from the oven and loosen the sides with a spatula.
- Place a platter close to the skillet, and with a spatula loosen the bottom of the omelet and slide it out onto the platter.
- Pour the melted butter over the omelet, and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- **Note:If desired, you can place the asparagus spears in a wheel pattern on top of the omelet before placing it in the oven and/or sprinkle the grated cheese over the top.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION