Fluffly Pesto Mash Potatoes
photo by Kathy
- Ready In:
- 36 ounces potatoes, peeled and cut into large chunks
- 200 ml hot chicken stock (or milk)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 -4 tablespoons pesto sauce
- 1⁄4 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese (optional)
- 1⁄4 cup toasted pine nuts (optional)
- Put potatoes into a large saucepan, cover well with cold water and add about 1/2 tsp.
- of salt.
- Cover the pan and bring the water to a boil, then simmer until the potatoes are tender (around 20-25 minutes).
- Drain the potatoes, return them to the pan and then mash thoroughly using a potato masher.
- Put the stock, olive oil, and pesto into a small saucepan and bring to a simmer then pour it into the mash.
- With a wooden spoon, beat vigorously for about 3 minutes until the texture of the potatoes is light and fluffy.
- Reheat gently if necessary, then fold in the parmesan and pine nuts before serving.
- Season with salt and pepper if desired.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I'm a 19 year-old crazy for all foods! Although I love to pig-out, I only do that occasionally now coz I'm also quite conscious about my weight! Unlike many others my age, apart from just eating, I also like to cook. I'm still a novice in many things but learning to cook or bake is one of the things I enjoy the most. I currently reside in Hong Kong but will be moving off to college (I took a year off to explore my culinary aspirations or simply took a REAL break...haha) soon in the US. I also love collecting cookbooks or just recipes from here and there and creating my own.