- Ready In:
- 1hr 15mins
- 6 garlic cloves (chopped)
- 2 medium onions (white, red, or yellow, chopped)
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 1 lb lentils (steamed)
- 8 ounces mushrooms (chopped)
- 2 medium potatoes (chopped with skin on)
- 1 lb chicken (or other meat, 1-2 inch cubes)
- 6 carrots (1 lb bag, sliced)
- 1⁄2 head cabbage (chopped)
- 2 tablespoons salt (to taste)
- 1 1⁄2 cups white wine (a small 187ml bottle will do, red works too, although it will turn chicken purple)
- 1 (14 ounce) can chicken broth
- 6 -8 dashes Emeril's Original Essence (original) or 6 -8 dashes Italian spices
- Rinse lentils, add to small pot of boiling water, cover and turn down heat to simmer for 30 minutes.
- In large pot add olive oil, garlic, onions and a few dashes of Essense; bring up heat to medium and stir until onions start to brown, then turn down heat to warm and prepare the meat.
- Add meat. Bring heat to medium and stir until meat is half or almost cooked.
- Add potatoes along with a few dashes of Essense, and stir until they start to brown.
- Add wine. Cook for five minutes at medium heat or hot enough to boil the wine so the alcohol evaporates.
- Add carrots and mushrooms and stir a few minutes.
- Add chicken broth.
- Add Salt.
- Drain lentils after their thirty minutes time is up, and add to stew.
- Add a few dashes of Essense, stir, and bring to a boil.
- Add cabbage, a few dashes of Essense, cover, turn heat down to simmer or low, and cook for 30 minutes.
- Stir, and serve.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
A construction guy who enjoys good food and how to make it.