Flourless Chocolate Scandinavian Cake
For my DH I chose to make this without him so that this way he would not miss cake. I had fun experimenting with it also.
- Ready In:
- 12 ounces semisweet chocolate
- 1⁄3 cup butter
- 1⁄3 cup milk
- 1⁄3 cup finely chopped almonds
- 7⁄8 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 4 eggs, Separated
- Preheat Oven to 350 Degrees.
- Grease a 9 inch cake tin.
- Break Chocolate into small pieces and melt it with butter and milk over water.
- Beat the egg yolks and half the sugar.
- Fold in melted butter and chocolate mixture.
- Fold in ground almonds and baking powder.
- Beat egg whites until frothy by using an electric mixer; gradually add the remaining sugar, beating until stiff peaks form.
- Fold in the beated egg whites.
- Bake at 350 degrees until wooden pick inserted in the center comes out clean, Approximately 40 minutes. Please note that cakes of this type will collapse and look like a pie.
- Serve with Whipped cream then you might want to dust with Cocoa powder.
- For a spicy Flavor you may add 1 teaspoon of ground cinnamon with the almonds.
- To enhance the almond flavor you might want to add 1/4 teaspoon of Almond Extract.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
A very good dense, rich chocolate cake. Served with fresh raspberries and whipped cream. DH suggested a scoop of ice cream with his next piece to temper the rich chocolate. I didn't have a 9" cake pan, so I used an 8" pan (almost overflowed during baking). A 10" pan would have been a better choice.Reply