Flounder Stuffed With Crabmeat (Lite-Bleu)
All Lite-Bleu recipes are complete meals that we designed for our weight loss diet. Please visit our homepage for more info. For the full flavored version, try Recipe #329528
- Ready In:
- 1⁄2 small onion, minced
- 1 stalk celery, minced
- 1⁄4 red bell pepper, minced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Old Bay Seasoning
- 2 ounces lump crabmeat
- 2 tablespoons seasoned bread crumbs, more if needed
- 12 ounces flounder fillets
- 1 dash salt
- 1 dash black pepper
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1⁄2 lemon, cut into wedges for garnish
- 2 cups broccoli, steamed
- 1 pear, halved
- Preheat the oven to 400°F In a sauté pan, spray with non-stick cooking spray. Add the onions, garlic, celery, and peppers. Sauté for 2 minutes, or until the vegetables are wilted.
- Season with Old Bay. Sauté for 2 minutes. Remove from the heat and place mixture into a bowl. Gently stir in the crabmeat, then the bread crumbs a little at a time, adding more as needed to gently bind. Set aside to cool.
- Season the fish with salt and pepper. Place equal amounts of filling onto each fillet and roll up. (alternatively, you can place one fillet on the baking sheet, place filling atop the fillet, then place another on top, off to the side, to resemble a pocket of stuffing).
- Place the fish on a baking dish seam side down. Drizzle top of fish olive oil then sprinkle with paprika and a splash of lemon juice. Place the pan in the oven and bake for 20-25 minutes.
- Remove the fish from the oven and serve with lemon wedges and broccoli sprayed with a few sprays of no-fat butter spray. Have the fruit for dessert.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
This was very good! I crushed my bread crumbs w/a rolling pin, didn't have celery so I used celery seed, minced everything up fine, sauteed it in butter and almond slices and added about ¼ cup of salad shrimp to the bread crumbs and a can of lump crab. It was delicious and very similar to the stuffed flounder at my favorite restaurant. Definitely a keeper....thank you!!!