- Ready In:
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄3 cup finely chopped onions or 1/3 cup shallot
- 1 small italian peppers (about 2/3 cup) or 1 small other mild pepper, chopped (about 2/3 cup)
- 2 plum tomatoes, chopped
- 1 -2 teaspoon capers, rinsed
- 2 -3 imported black olives, pitted and slivered
- 1 sprig Italian parsley, chopped
- 1 -2 flounder fillets (about 5 oz) or 1 -2 other thin mild-flavored fish fillet (about 5 oz)
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- Heat oil in non-stick skillet.
- Cook onion until translucent.
- Add pepper and tomatoes.
- Cover and simmer about 10 minutes.
- Add capers, olives, parsley.
- Put flounder fillet on top and spoon some juices over it.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Cover and simmer about 5 minutes, until done.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
i'm a graduate student and have a somewhat hectic schedule, needing to drop everything when i feel "inspired" in my work. despite this, i am trying to come home from the office and cook more, to eat healthier and cheaper!