Flo's Cheesecake With Sour Cream Frosting
Family tradition from hubby's side. Best cheesecake we have ever tasted! Very rich, but worth every calorie :) The secret to success is to add the eggs individually and mix each time. We have lightened it up with Neufchatel cheese and fat free sour cream with excellent results.
- Ready In:
- 1hr 50mins
- 1⁄2 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 2 tablespoons margarine or 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, room temp
- 5 eggs, room temp
- 1 cup white sugar
- 2 teaspoons white sugar
- 1 pint sour cream
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- Coat 9-inch springform pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- Mix graham cracker crumbs and butter together to form crust. I recommend starting out with 2 Tbsp butter and 1/2 cup of graham cracker crumbs and adding more as needed. The crust coats the bottom of the pan only.
- Preheat oven to 300°F.
- Bring cream cheese and eggs to room temperature.
- Cut cream cheese into cubes and cream in a large bowl or mixer.
- Add 1 cup sugar gradually and blend well.
- Add eggs one at a time and mix well after each addition.
- Pour into the springform pan.
- Bake at 300 for 1 hour or until well-set (I often need an hour and 20 minutes).
- Cool for at least 20 minutes before putting on topping.
- Mix together sour cream, 2 tsp sugar, and vanilla.
- Spread over cake and return to the oven for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Cool then refrigerate.