Florentine Breakfast Wraps
- Ready In:
- 2 flour tortillas, or
- 2 wraps, gluten free
- 2 sliced natural applewood smoked bacon, center cut
- 4 -5 mushrooms, sliced
- 1⁄4 cup chopped red onion
- 1⁄2 jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced
- 3 eggs
- 2 tablespoons Greek yogurt
- 1 cup Baby Spinach, packed
- Cook the bacon until crisp in a heavy skillet. Remove bacon and wipe out skillet with a paper towel. Add in the sliced mushrooms and saute until nicely browned. Add in chopped onion and jalapeno pepper.
- Beat the eggs with the yogurt and pour over cooked vegetables. Using a spatula push the uncooked portions of the egg to the center of the pan. Cook until eggs are set. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Microwave the wraps for 10 to 15 seconds. Divide the egg mixture between the wraps, top with crisped bacon and spinach leaves. Wrap burrito style, secure with a toothpick and serve.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
"I came to this site in March of 2004. It was then called Recipezaar. This site was the first on-line site that I ever joined. I first popped in 2003 while searching for a Peach Cobbler Recipe. In March of 2004, DH was having shoulder surgery and I was looking for a Split Pea Soup. Once again I found myself on Zaar as it came to be called. Over the years I hung out and learned from some of the best home cooks in the country, I posted over 700 recipes on the site, reviewed over 3500 recipes and posted over 3000 food photos. Over the next 10 years the site made many changes and in 2010 it was sold to to Food Network and became Food.com. Until last year we played games, talked and shared with one another. As a result of the community and the relationships I built I got to meet some wonderful people from all over the country. I also have a great number of friends that I have never meet face to face. Some of us still hang out at various places across the net. Zaar was more than a cooking community. It was an internet community of friendship. Life is an adventure ever changing."
Join The Conversation
In order with eating healthier I developed this recipe to include a good source of vegetables and protein to start the day off right. I am posting it with gluten free options. Serve this with a side of fruit for a great start to any day. The recipe was designed for 2 but can be easily adjusted to serve more.