Flax Seeds Dipping Sauce
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
This is one of Ethiopian recipes of flax seeds which is served with injera or bread as a snack or breakfast.
- Ready In:
- 1 cup flax seed
- 1 teaspoon chili powder (berbere or 1/2 teaspoon mitmita)
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup cold water (or more)
- 1 pinch garlic powder
- salt and black pepper
- Grind the flax seeds into fine powder; sift if needed.
- Combine the flax powder with garlic, salt, black pepper, chili pepper, cold water and oil; whisk it well; if needed add more water; whisk it again until smooth and thick;.
- Cover tightly and keep it in the fridge. Serve it cold with injera or bread of your choice.
- P.S. Roasting the flax seeds not required. But make sure that the flax seeds are crisp dry.
- If preferred, you may add 1 tablespoon of honey and ½ teaspoon cinnamon instead of the chili powder.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
This is a really nice seed spread... :)...I tagged it for the "New Kids...Game" & made a 1/2 batch...easy breezy to make w/ my grinder...i chose to add both cinnamon and chili ...had it in the fridge for a couple of days now...& it seems to just get better & better w/ time... wonderful nutty, butter flavors and a nice bit of spice...i like to bring out a bit at a time and enjoy it room temp. ...so far I have only used it w/ raw carrot sticks (that's been my breakfast/lunch of choice of late)...i will definitely make this one again ...thanks for the recipe share! :)Reply