Flax Pizza Crust
Healthier Verision that will fill you up.
- Ready In:
- 3⁄4 cup flax seed meal
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 egg
- 1 egg white
- 1⁄4 cup water
- Preheat oven to 425°F
- Mix dry ingredients together in a large mixing bowl, then add wet ingredients and mix very well.
- Allow to sit about 5 minutes to thicken.
- Spread mixture on a pan or pizza stone and bake for 15-18 minutes until cooked through.
- Add pizza toppings and cook until they are done (8-12 minutes).
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
i didnt find this very good... but i am not sure if that was end user issue or recipe issue... i think i should have used a bigger pan, it was to thick.. due to the thickness, it was very strong in flavour. perhaps if the crust had been spread thinner, the over all outcome would have been better.Reply
When I saw this recipe, I knew it would be good as I'm used to make flax seed muffins all the time. It was even better - a thin, savory pizza crust with slightly soft center and crispy edges. I brushed it with olive oil and sprinkled with mixed Italian herbs, then topped with sliced green olives, tuna and some blobbs of vegan almond cheese. Although I think that it would be even better with "regular" topping, DH found this astonishingly close to normal pizza. Will definitely use this often! Thanks for posting :) Made for PAC fall 2009.1Reply