Flax Meal Pancakes - Candida Control Diet-Friendly
- Ready In:
- 1⁄2 cup flax seed meal
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon (or more to taste)
- 1 tablespoon yacon syrup
- 1 tablespoon sparkling water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup almond milk
- coconut oil (for frying) or butter (for frying)
- In a medium bowl, combine flax meal, baking soda and cinnamon.
- In another medium bowl, add eggs and beat slightly. Add to eggs yacon syrup, sparkling water and vinegar. Mix gently.
- At this stage you must work quickly so the rising agents do not lose their power.
- Heat the butter or coconut oil in a medium frying pan.
- When it is ready, quickly add the egg mixture to the flax meal mixture and combine gently.
- Now add the almond milk to achieve a slightly runny batter. Feel free to add more almond milk if you think necessary.
- Pour batter into frying pan to create pancakes about 5 inches in diameter (you should be able to make 4 - if you make the pancakes too big, they may be uncooked in the middle and start to burn before they are done).
- When pancakes start to bubble on top, it is time to flip. Flip and cook on other side until cooked all the way through (a few minutes).
- Top with cinnamon, butter and coconut oil if desired.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I really love to bake, but i'm not much of a cook. i went gluten-free about 5 years ago, so have learned to bake with almond flour, coconut flour, chickpea flour, and rice flour. i usually use flax meal or chia seeds mixtures as substitutes for eggs, as i am a vegetarian (but not vegan) although i sometimes use eggs. love this site and all the great recipes! thanks for reading and enjoy your kitchen creations today!