- Ready In:
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 2 -4 tablespoons fresh herbs
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons orange juice or 2 teaspoons lime juice
- 1 cup fresh cilantro, and
- 1 lime, juice and zest of
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1⁄4 cup finely ground almonds
- Pick the butter of your choice (below). Add the additional ingredients and mix well.
- Shape the 1/2 cup of butter, plus added-in ingredients, into small a roll.
- Wrap well with waxed paper. Chill until firm.
- Add 2-4 tablespoons minced fresh herbs (such as parsley, tarragon, chives, mint, marjoram, etc.) either singly or in combos of 2-3. Add a squeeze of lemon and mix well with butter.
- Add 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard and mix well with butter.
- Add 2 teaspoons orange or lime juice, or 1 teaspoon lemon juice, PLUS the grated rind of 1 orange, lime (2, if small) or lemon. Mix well with butter.
- Add 1 cup loosely-packed minced fresh cilantro leaves to soft butter. Add grated rind and juice of 1 lime. Mix well.
- Add 2 finely minced garlic cloves to butter; mix well.
- Mix 1 tablespoon tomato paste with softened butter.
- Add 1/4 cup honey with softened butter; beat in gradually.
- Add 1/4 cup maple syrup to butter; beat in gradually.
- Add 1/4 cup finely ground almonds to butter; mix well.
Join The Conversation
#ediblegifts Smokey Tomato & Mustard Butter 1-7.5 oz jar Ghee (clarified butter) 2T sundried tomatoes, bbq flavor- finely julienned 2T stone ground mustard-beer or plain flavored Use for flavoring cooked steak/meats; cheese slices on Hnetanke (Czech) crackers; pepperoni & cheddar filled croissants; homemade, warm sourdough bread. You name it!
THANK YOU!!!!! I made garlic,parsley & chive I did up the amounts to 6 T of the herbs & I used 4 cloves of garlic as my cloves were smallish then I also added about 8 cloves of roasted garlic... I'll be using it soon in Recipe #275645 can't wait to make that again..& with the addition of this butter it will make a great recipe even faster can't wait to play making more of these wonderful butters.. thank you
WhoKnew, Wow this was quick and easy...I grow some herbs in my work office (everyone else has pot plants!)and usually freeze them in tupperware pots of water. Infusing them with butter and freezing them is an ideal way to keep them AND has the added bonus that I can use for instance, the garlic butter in a recipe that uses both garlic and butter when I'm in a hurry, or out of fresh garlic. Becuase of this I changed one thing only: I increased the concentration of the herbs in the herb butter and the garlic...so about 6 Tablespoons of herbs and 8 cloves of garlic respectively, so that slicing a little off the roll will still give enough flavour in the dish that I am using it for. My one problem with your recipe is that it calls for "1 stick" and that's not a real measurement for me,since it doesn't tell me anything in "grams' or 'oz" so I guessed and used about 125g of butter in each of my flavoured rolls. The two butters I made are definiately the ones I will use the most, but the citrus butter also sounds appealing so Thanks for listing combinations that I wouldn't have thought of immediately. Please see my rating system, for ease of making, storage and use, and great flavours packed in a small packages, this recipe gets a wonderful 5 stars :) Thanks!