This is a super easy thing to make, and my kids absolutly LOVE it!
- Ready In:
- 1 lb ground beef
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic cloves
- 1 (8 ounce) can green chilies
- 1 (4 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin (more or less to taste)
- salt and pepper
- 12 flour tortillas
- 1 1⁄2 cups pre-shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil (to fry in)
- Brown the beef with the garlic, until the beef crumbles. Drain the grease.
- Add the green chilies and tomato sauce and let simmer while stirring. Beef will absorb most of the sauce.
- Spoon some of the mixture into a flour tortilla, add a little cheese on top.
- Roll the tortilla and use a toothpic to keep it closed.
- Fry for about a minute both sides, enough to melt the cheese and brown the tortilla.
- Let cool, and serve with guacamole, sour cream, or salsa.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
This is really good! Mine also came out on the fat side. You could double the amount by making them thinner. I did cut the recipe in half due to there being only two of us. I also personalized it my throwing in some chopped onion and sprinkled some cilantro on top before rolling up. I used hot tomato sauce by El Pato, this added a nice spicy taste. Thanks, Mandy N for posting.Reply