Flank Steak With Onions and Peppers
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
From Betty Crocker's Meat and Potatoes.
- Ready In:
- 2 medium red onions, sliced
- 1 large red bell pepper, 1/4-inch strips
- 1 large green bell pepper, 1/4-inch strips
- 1 cup tomato juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon peel, grated
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1 cup beef broth
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil leaves, chopped
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 lbs flank steaks
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- Cook onions, bell peppers, tomato juice, lemon peel, paprika and garlic in 10-inch skillet over medium heat 5 minutes, stirring occasionally; reduce heat to medium-low.
- Stir in broth.
- Cover and cook about 10 minutes or until liquid has almost evaporated.
- Stir in basil, lemon juice and salt.
- Remove from heat; keep warm.
- Set oven control to broil.
- Spray broiler pan rack with nonstick cooking spray.
- Brush beef with oil; sprinkle with pepper.
- Place beef on rack in broiler pan.
- Broil with top 2 to 3-inches from heat about 10 minutes for medium doneness, turning once.
- Cut beef across grain at slanted angle into thin slices.
- Serve topped with bell pepper mixture.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION