Flank Steak, Rolled Italian Style
This is one of my favorite ways to cook steak. It looks like it takes hours in the kitchen but is quite easy. A very elegant "roast"; serve it to your company to impress.
- Ready In:
- 9hrs 10mins
- 1 1⁄2 lbs flank steaks
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1⁄2 red bell pepper, sliced thin
- 30 baby spinach leaves, washed stems removed
- 1⁄3 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- salt and pepper
- kitchen twine
- Pound flank steak to about 1/4 thick and as square as possible.
- Slightly score cross grain with sharp knife (this will help it roll easier).
- In small bowl add minced garlic, oil and vinegar pour over steak and marinade overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Place steak on plastic wrap on counter, scored side down!
- Place baby spinach on steak followed by thin strips of red bell pepper, sprinkle with cheese,salt and pepper leaving 1/4 diameter around steak.
- Tightly roll steak and secure with twine or toothpicks.
- Bake 40-50 minutes or until desired doneness.
- let sit 10 minute before cutting into 3/4" rounds.
- This goes well with mashed potatoes and a green veggie.
- Note: Can be rotisserie grilled about 30 minutes; let sit 10 before slicing.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION