Flamingo Cheese-Chive Biscuits
- Ready In:
- 1⁄4 cup oil
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, grated
- 1⁄4 cup green onions, sliced or 1/4 cup chives
- 1 1⁄2 cups cake flour
- 1⁄2 cup bread flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon black pepper, ground
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- Combine oil and buttermilk in a large mixing bowl; add cheese and green onion.
- Combine cake and bread flours, salt, sugar, baking powder, pepper and garlic powder in a separate bowl; gradually add to the liquid ingredients, folding in until batter is well incorporated but not overmixed.
- On a floured board, roll dough out to 1 to 1 1/4 -inch thickness; cut into desired shapes such as rounds or squares.
- Place on baking sheets and bake at 300 degrees 10 to 15 minutes or until slightly browned, careful not to overbake.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I live in a wooded hillside area of Los Angeles where it feels like being out in the country. I grew up in Rhode Island, and came to LA after graduating from URI. I recently retired from my job as an environmental specialist. So now I have time to collect internet recipes. My hobbies & interests are aquatics, shell collecting, my cats, feeding stray cats, home improvement projects and cooking. I love to travel and, years ago, lived in Mexico for several months. My favorite cookbooks are the ones written by Diana Kennedy; they are all great; and I have them all, some signed by her when I was enrolled in her cooking classes. I have a lot of cookbooks; some of my other fave authors and their books are: Madhur Jaffrey (especially World Vegetarian, World of East Vegetarian Cooking and A Taste of the Far East), Faye Levy, Martha Rose Shulman (especially Mediterranean Light, Provencal Light and Mexican Light) and Paula Wolfert.