Flaming Pears Melba
- Ready In:
- Place 12 pear halves, cut side down on paper towels.
- For the filling, combine cream cheese, sugar & enough reserved pear syrup to make a spreadable filling.
- Add walnuts, & stir to mix well.
- Spread 1 tablespoon of filling onto the FLAT surface of each pear.
- Press together each set of two halves to make 6 'whole' pears.
- For the sauce, in saucepan, blend cold water & cornstarch, then add thawed raspberries.
- Cook & stir until thick.
- Run cooked raspberries through a fine sieve to remove seeds. Keep warm.
- When ready to serve, preheat 1/4 cup brandy.
- Pour brandy on top of warm raspberry sauce, then ignite with LONG match.
- Immediately, & with a long-handled dipper, spoon flaming sauce over pears, & serve.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!