Flaky Chicken Wraps
Serve these chicken-and-biscuit sandwiches warm from the oven with a tangy dipping sauce on the side. Kids love them.
- Ready In:
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 (1 ounce) envelope ranch dressing mix
- 1 (16 1/3 ounce) can ready-to-bake refrigerated buttermilk flaky biscuits, Pillsbury grands
- 1 (6 ounce) package refrigerated fully cooked grilled chicken breast strips
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine, melted
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- Heat oven to 350°F Lightly grease cookie sheet. In small bowl, combine oil and 1 tablespoon of the salad dressing mix; mix until well blended.
- Separate dough into 8 biscuits. Press or roll each to form 6-inch oval. Spread scant teaspoon salad dressing mixture on each biscuit. Arrange about 3 chicken breast strips crosswise on center of each biscuit. Bring long ends of biscuit ovals up over chicken, overlapping and pinching to seal. Brush each biscuit with melted butter. Sprinkle tops evenly with 2 teaspoons of the dry salad dressing mix.
- Bake at 350°F for 18 to 22 minutes or until light golden brown.
- Meanwhile, in small bowl, combine sour cream, mayonnaise and remaining salad dressing mix; blend well. Serve dipping sauce with chicken wraps.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
Yum-yum, southern chef! My picky little girl ate this and loved it! She says 10,000 stars. My DH inhaled 3 of them and said it was a good thing I only made 4 because he could just keep on eating them. I made them exactly like they were posted but added 1/2 slice of american cheese and a small drizzle of ranch over top of the chicken before I closed them up. They were done in 20 minutes and they were a beautiful browned color. These are a real winner and I'll definately be making them regularly. Thanks for posting such an easy kid pleasing recipe!Reply
Love it. I just make two large pockets instead of 8. I use bisquick made with ricemilk instead of pre-made because I'm dairy free but it's still good (although I'm sure the flaky would be SO much better). I put fresh shredded parm and delisliced prov in the pockets and sprinkle shredded parm on top while baking. Make sure you always use grilled strips because the roasted just aren't as good with this!Reply
Very good! I thought these might be bland, but they weren't. I think next time I might add a little cheddar cheese in with the chicken. It's very humid here, and when I would roll out the biscuits, they'd stick to my work surface, so I sprayed it with a little oil.. that added a little oil to the outside of the biscuits, but it didn't hurt them any. I served these with Recipe #10481 and baked apple slices. My 4 year-old was impressed with the homemade "hot pockets", LOL! I'm sure I'll be making these again- thanks for sharing the recipe! :)Reply
see 4 more