Flake Potato Dumplings and Sauerkraut
- Ready In:
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups flour, sifted
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 cup potato flakes, instant
- 1 quart sauerkraut
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup duck fat
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dry onion flakes
- 1 teaspoon caraway seed
- Beat eggs; add milk, salt, flour, baking powder, and potato flakes.
- Mix to form soft dough.
- Divide into 8 parts.
- Roll each into long bun or round ball.
- Put sauerkraut and water in a large kettle and bring to a boil.
- Lay dumplings on sauerkraut and steam 8 minutes.
- Test by cutting in 2 with thread or pricking to center with fork.
- Put dumplings in a bowl.
- Put duck fat in skillet; when hot add flour and brown.
- Add onion flakes (she says they can be fresh onion) and caraway seed to sauerkraut; thicken with browned flour.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p style=text-align: center;>Hi! If you're looking for grandmas recipe, it might be here .</p> 8726272"