Five-Spice Pork Bolognese Pasta
- Ready In:
- 12 ounces pasta
- 1 lb ground lean pork
- 1 large yellow onion, diced
- 1 stalk celery, finely chopped
- 1 carrot, peeled and finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon five-spice powder
- 28 ounces can crushed tomatoes
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- salt & fresh ground pepper
- chopped fresh basil
- Bring a large saucepan of salted water to a boil. Add the pasta and cook according to package directions. Drain and set aside.
- Heat a large saute pan over medium-high. Add the pork and saute for 2 minutes, or until fat begins to render from the meat.
- Add the onion, celery, carrot and garlic. Saute until the carrots are tender, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in the five-spice powder and tomatoes. Bring to a simmer.
- Stir in the Parmesan, then season with salt and pepper.
- Stir in a bit of basil.
- Add the pasta, tossing to coat well.
- Serve topped with additional basil.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!