Five Spice Pork and Mushroom Stir Fry
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
Please don't be put off by the long ingreadients list - this recipe makes a quick and healthy main course with most of the ingredients found in the store cupboard!
- Ready In:
- 1 lb pork loin steaks, fat trimmed and sliced
- 3 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 inch gingerroot, peeled and grated
- 1 teaspoon dried chili pepper flakes
- 2 carrots, cut into fine sticks
- 6 ounces pak choi, washed and sliced
- 7 ounces fresh large mushrooms, sliced
- 5 ounces chestnut mushrooms, sliced
- 2 tablespoons dark soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons rice wine or 2 tablespoons dry sherry
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Chinese five spice powder
- 1 1⁄4 cups chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch (mixed with 2tbsp cold water)
- 1 scallion, sliced, to garnish
- Mix the oyster sauce, cornstarch and a little seasoning together in a bowl, add the pork and mix well.
- Heat a wok or large frying pan over a high heat and add the oil. Add the pork and stir-fry for 3-4 mins until golden brown.
- Add the garlic, ginger and chili flakes and stir fry for 30 secs. Add the carrots, pak choy, and mushrooms and stir fry for 2 minutes.
- Next add the soy, rice wine and chicken stock. Bring to the boil and simmer for 1 minute Stir in the cornstarch mixture and cook for a further 1 min, stirring until the sauce thickens.
- Sprinkle over the scallion and serve with Jasmine rice.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION