Five-Spice Hoisin Ribs With Scallions (Green Onions)
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
These wonderfully tender ribs are from Food and Wine. It is easier to have the butcher prepare the ribs for you. Enjoy..... Servings are approximate because it depends on how much you love ribs!!!
- Ready In:
- 2hrs 15mins
- 3 1⁄2 lbs pork spareribs, cut into single ribs and halved
- 1 teaspoon five-spice powder
- salt and pepper
- 5 green onions, finely sliced lengthwise, for garnish (optional)
- 3 tablespoons peanut oil
- 2 teaspoons grated gingerroot
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1⁄4 cup hoisin sauce
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons sweet chili pepper dipping sauce (available bottled)
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 1⁄3 cup light brown sugar
- 1⁄3 cup dry sherry
- Preheat oven to 275 degrees F.
- Rub the ribs with five-spice powder, salt and pepper.
- Divide between 2 roasting pans (non stick preferably).
- Cover tightly with foil and cook for 1 hour.
- To make the sauce, heat oil over med. heat and stir fry ginger and garlic.
- Add remaining sauce ingredients.
- Remove ribs from oven and mix very well with sauce.
- Return to oven and cook, covered, for about 30 minutes.
- Remove foil and finish cooking for another 30 minutes.
- Meat should be very, very tender.
- Garnish with scallions.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION