Five Spice Chicken Wings
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
Another wings recipe, the five-spice powder adds a nice tang, but be careful when using it, it can be overpowering. If you prefer you can grill or barbecue them but be careful they don't burn. Marinating time not included.
- Ready In:
- 1hr 15mins
- 2 lbs chicken wings, cut them up by the joints if you prefer
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons black bean sauce
- 1⁄3 cup tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce, to taste
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 2 cloves crushed garlic
- 1⁄4 teaspoon five-spice powder, maybe more
- 3 teaspoons sesame oil
- Mix all the ingredients in a bowl, taste the marinade to see or you want to add a bit more five-spice powder, and hot sauce Add the chicken, mix well, cover and put in the fridge to marinate, at least 2 hours but I prefer 24 hours.
- When ready to bake remove the chicken from the fridge to get back to room temperature.
- Pre heat the oven 325F; line a baking tray with foil.
- Shake off the marinade, bake the wings for approx 1 hour until tender, baste them now and then with the marinade, and if desired finish them under the grill.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
Wonderful wings! I can't beleive I'm just reviewing them now. I apologize, I've been making these since Aug. Anyways, I too marinated and basted with sauce. First time I made them I didn't have any black bean sauce and had to sub red wine for white and they were absolutely fantatic. I'm making these for Christmas Eve hor's doeuvres. You have complete control of the heat (and I did add more five spice powder, the taste is divine) I have had them both on the grill AND in the oven and both are great. I only marinated for 1 hour but I think the basting makes up for it. Thanks for posting a great recipe Pets.Reply
see 5 more