Five Happiness Fried Noodles
From Food Stamps/SNAP-Ed Recipe Finder. Per Recipe: $ 3.76 Per Serving: $ 0.75 I added a dash pf sesame oil. You could add leftover chicken or ham, baby corn, zucchini...
- Ready In:
- 10 cups water
- 1 lb egg noodles
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, divided (or vegetable oil)
- 3 cups bean sprouts
- 1 cup bamboo shoot, julienned (sliced thinly in strips)
- 1⁄2 cup shredded carrot
- 1⁄2 cup dried shiitake mushroom, soaked, stems removed, and julienned
- 2 green onions, julienned
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1. In a large pot on high heat, bring 10 cups of water to boil. Cook noodles in boiling water until tender or “al-dente,” approximately 5 - 7 minutes, drain and set aside.
- Heat a nonstick wok or pan over high heat. Add 1/2 tablespoon oil, swirling to coat the pan, add noodles and pan-fry until noodles are golden, about 7 to 10 minutes. Remove noodles from wok.
- Add remaining 1/2 tablespoon oil to wok, add vegetables, and stir-fry until just cooked, about 5 to 7 minutes.
- Return noodles to the wok, add salt, sugar and soy sauce.
- Stir to combine and serve.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
I haven't tried frying noodles before and nearly missed that piece in the directions, happily picked up on it in time! Hmm, nice, we really all enjoyed this, definitely a do-again! I used asian egg noodles, and I also used only sesame oil, preferring that for Asian cookery. As per your suggestion, I did add some different veggies, catering for personal taste and what was in the fridge, so we had red onion, zucchini and some sweetcorn in addition to the carrots.<br/>Nice and easy, all prep done beforehand and quickly prepared in my electric wok. Thank you, Liszard, lovely recipe, made for PAC Fall 2011Reply