photo by Color Guard Mom
- Ready In:
- 1 round loaf Italian bread (12-16-inch diameter)
- 1⁄4 lb capicola
- 1⁄4 lb deli turkey (santa fe style at the deli)
- 1⁄4 lb honey-roasted ham
- 1⁄4 lb genoa salami
- 1⁄4 lb smoked turkey
- 1⁄3 lb cheddar cheese (horseradish)
- 1⁄4 lb swiss cheese
- 1⁄4 lb provolone cheese
- 1⁄3 lb monterey jack pepper cheese
- 4 tablespoons Dijon mustard (any hot coarse mustard)
- Cut the top of your bread 1/2" down saving the top. Scoop out the inside of your bread to 1/4" of bread left inside. Spread your mustard around all sides of the bread including the top.
- Layer your meats and chesses alternately, using a mild cheese and a stronger deli meat i.e. swiss and capacoli go well together. Make sure to run your layers all the way up the sides of the bread. Your top layer should be cheese.
- Place the top back on your sandwich and wrap tightly with plastic wrap. Allow 3-4 hours or overnight to set up in the fridge.
- Cut into wedges as you would a cake. No mess eating!
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Had this for lunch made mini-style with individual kaiser rolls instead of the large round loaf. Really liked the idea and make-ahead convenience. Very reminiscent of a mufaletta. Next time I'll opt for some other toppings. Maybe some onions and spinach or parsley and a little dressing. It was a tad dry but easily fixed when unwrapped. Taking part of the bread out of the inside was great. More sandwich! lol Made for Daffy Daffodils ZWT4
I put it down as 4 stars, because I made some changes, that I'm sure took away from the full flavor. Made this last night in preparation for game time today - it was super easy! Got home from church, pulled it out of the fridge, cut it up and it was chow time! I think next time I'll cut a bit more off the bread lid though -it was a bit hard to get in the mouth. :) Thanks for posting!
see 1 more reviews
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I am a wife, a mother, grandmother and foremost a believer. I love to cook and bake for if man does not live by bread alone let the bread we eat be the best that there is! I love to read recipes and than experiment...make them mine...with my flare. For if its wworth doing do it right!