Fish Shaped Pancake (Taiyaki)
photo by milliwuu
- Ready In:
2-3 fish pancakes
- 4 tablespoons all-purpose flour (half of it can be whole wheat flour)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 3⁄4 teaspoon sugar (or brown sugar)
- 1 dash salt
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 2 teaspoons butter, melted or 2 teaspoons oil
- 1 dash vanilla
APPLE RAISIN VARIATION
- 1⁄4 cup chopped nuts
- 1⁄4 cup raisins
- 1⁄2 apple, in small dices
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Mix everything in the order given.
- Put 1-2 tbsp batter into fish iron.
- Serve with butter/pesto sauce, or jam/syrup/chocolate.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!