- Ready In:
- 1 lb fish, any kind
- 4 large potatoes, sliced
- 2 large onions, peeled and sliced
- 6 cups water, hot
- 1⁄3 cup rice, uncooked
- 2 green bell peppers, seeded and diced
- 1⁄3 cup bacon or 1/3 cup salt pork, diced
- 2 tablespoons parsley, minced
- 2 slices bread, dried and crumbled
- 1⁄2 1/2 cup peas (any leftover vegetables) (optional) or 1/2 cup beans (any leftover vegetables) (optional)
- Cut fish into chunks and place with potatoes and onions into a soup pot.
- Add water and bring to a boil.
- Add rice, green peppers, bacon or salt pork; simmer for 30 minutes or until tender.
- Add parsley and crumbled bread.
- Add any leftover vegetables, heat through and season to taste.
- Bring to the boiling point and serve.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!