photo by Bayhill
- Ready In:
- 3⁄4 lb mushroom, sliced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2⁄3 cup saltine crumbs
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 16 ounces fish fillets
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons marsala
- Saute mushrooms and garlic in 1 tbsp melted butter and olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat, stirring constantly, until tender. Set aside, and keep warm.
- Combine the cracker crumbs, Parmesan cheese, salt, basil, oregano, and garlic powder in a medium bowl; dredge the fillets in the crumb mixture.
- Pour 3 tbsp melted butter into an 11 x 7 x 1 1/2 inch baking dish. Arrange fillets over butter, turning to coat both sides; sprinkle with paprika. Bake, uncovered at 350 degrees for 15 minutes.
- Drizzle the Marsala evenly over the fillets, and bake 5 minutes or until the fish flakes easily when tested with a fork. Spoon the reserved mushroom mixture over the fillets and serve immediately. (I've added the mushrooms before drizzling the Marsala, and love the extra taste -- but you sacrifice the crispness of the cracker crumb mixture.).
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
So I did make a few changes. I used Lingcod and Italian seasoned breadcrumbs instead of saltines. I added a bit of marsala to the mushrooms as one reviewer suggested and that was delicious. I found the marsala on the fish was not enough to influence the taste of the fish. I really could not taste it. It was good and family ate it, but I'm not thinking I will be making it regularly.
Made this for DD and I and I used cod. DD doesn't really like mushrooms so I only used them on my piece. (I love mushrooms so I was as happy as can be. I loved it.) I will make it again when DH gets back home and get his reaction but I thought it was heaven and DD loved the coating so she was happy. Thank you. Made for Spring PAC 2011.