Fish Fillet Thermidor
- Ready In:
- 1 lb fish fillet, fresh or thawed
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 tablespoons margarine, melted
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄4 lb cheddar cheese, grated
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Split fillets lenghtwise and roll up, fastening with a toothpick if necessary.
- Place in shallow 10x16" baking dish.
- Pour milk over fish.
- Add salt and pepper; bake 30 minutes.
- When done, pour off milk and add slowly to melted margarine into which the flour has been added.
- Add cheese and stir until melted.
- Add lemon juice and pour sauce over fillets.
- Brown quickly under broiler.
- Serves 3-4, depending on the size of the fillets.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I joined Food.com when the site was RecipeZaar, April 24, 2001. This site has been a favorite with me for many years now with its unique features and especially for the many, many dear friends I have met here. If you are a new visitor, I hope you will stop for a while and check us out. I hope you will find it as special as I have.