- Ready In:
- 1 lb fish, cleaned (pike, bass or your own choice)
- 1⁄2 cup carrot, peeled and diced
- 1⁄2 cup celery, diced
- 1⁄2 onion, peeled and minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup medium white sauce (Magic White Sauce (and Variations) or your own recipe)
- 1 cup fish stock
- Cook fish with vegetables, salt and pepper, in water to cover.
- When tender, drain, saving 1 cup of the fish stock.
- Remove skin and bones; whirl cooked fish and vegetables in a food processor or rub through a sieve.
- Combine puree with white sauce, fish stock and a few grains of cayenne.
- Reheat and serve with croutons.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!