Fiscalini Farms Cheddar Cheese and Sierra Nevada Pale Ale Soup
- Ready In:
- 1⁄2 cup onion, diced fine
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 6 slices bacon, diced
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 quarts vegetable broth
- 4 -6 ounces sierra nevada pale ale
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons prepared horseradish
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 bay leaves
- salt, as desired
- fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- 1⁄2 lb shredded fiscalini farms cheddar cheese
- sourdough crouton
- Heat a 6 quart stockpot over medium heat and add the diced bacon. Cook until bacon is 2/3's done.
- Add the onions and garlic and continue cooking an additional 3 minutes or until onions are translucent.
- When ready, add the butter and mix in the flour to make a roux. Add the vegetable stock and cook until desired thickness.
- Add the remaining ingredients and simmer for approximately 20 minutes.
- Remove bay leaves, adjust the seasoning and keep hot until you are ready to serve. Garnish with sourdough croutons.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I have been searching for a soup recipe like this! We love the cheddar ale soup at a local brewery, and this is a great make-at-home substitution. I omitted the bacon and used chicken broth in place of veggie broth. I use store brand sharp cheddar and a New Belgium ale. It was a little less cheesy than I wanted, so I threw in another handful of cheddar at the end. Delicious!