- Ready In:
- 2hrs 12mins
- 1 lb wahoo fillet, 2-4 fillets
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onions
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 -3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, peeled and minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon kosher salt or 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 3⁄4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- Place Wahoo fillets skin side down in a lightly oiled glass baking dish big enough that they don’t overlap, cover dish with plastic wrap or aluminum foil and refrigerate.
- Combine all other ingredients in a glass bowl, mix thoroughly, let stand 15-20 minutes and mix once or twice.
- Pour marinade over the Wahoo.
- Cover and marinate Wahoo at least one hour in the refrigerator, preferably two.
- Grill over high heat, about 6-8 minutes per side for 1" thickness - do not overcook!
- OR - Preheat oven to 375 F, uncover and bake Wahoo for about 20 minutes, depending on the thickness of the fillets and preference for doneness.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!