Fire and Ice Pickles
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
These are a wonderful gift! For Christmas we made jars and passed them out to our neighbors and friends. If you love pickles try these.
- Ready In:
- 1 gallon dill pickles or 1 gallon sour dill pickle
- 4 lbs granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons mustard seeds
- 10 bay leaves
- 10 peeled garlic cloves
- 1 (2 ounce) bottle Tabasco sauce
- Empty gallon jar of pickles into a large bowl, throwing away the juice.
- Cut the pickles into 1-inch chunks.
- Return the pickles into the jar, alternating with all other ingredients listed above.
- Put lid on jar and leave sitting out on kitchen counter until sugar has turned into liquid (about three days).
- If giving as a gift, distribute evenly into smaller jars.
- This is great with bland turkey sandwiches at Thanksgiving and Christmas!
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION