Finnish Mustard, Which Goes With Everything!
photo by 2Bleu
- Ready In:
10 1/2 fluid ounces
- Mix the mustard powder, sugar and salt together in a bowl. Squash out any lumps with the back of a spoon.
- Mix the cream, oil, vinegar and lemon juice in a small saucepan.
- Add the mustard powder mix to the pot, stir constantly with a whisk or spoon, and bring to the boil.
- Simmer 7 - 8 minutes, stirring very often.
- Remove from heat when it darkens and thickens.
- Cool, but stir now and then while it's cooling. Pour into a glass jar, but two smaller bottles are better. Keep in the fridge.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
This recipe was recommended by Chef #251917. We too used a bit of cayenne to dry english mustard for this recipe. This recipe makes about 1 cup of mustard sauce. It's very easy to prepare. While the flavors are very good, we felt it was somewhat bitter in taste (all the ingredients were fresh). Next time we would add a bit more sugar, using brown sugar perhaps. Overall, we liked this recipe.
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I'm a widow, retired, and I love cooking. I live on the coast in South Africa and I love seafood. You're welcome to my recipes (all kinds, definitely not just seafood!) Just remember that no recipe is ever cast in stone -- adjust to your taste! The photo was taken at a rustic seaside restaurant on our West Coast, approx 1 year ago (2016).