Fillet of Sole in an Oil Sauce
photo by Elliot K.
- Ready In:
- In a glass jar, mix together lemon juice, olive oil, minced garlic and dried oregano; shake well until creamy.
- Divide sauce in half and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 400 F degrees.
- Rinse fillet of sole in cold water and pat dry with paper towelling.
- Sprinkle each side of fish with dried dill weed and black pepper.
- Place fish in a oven-proof casserole dish.
- Pour half of the creamy sauce mixture over fish.
- Bake in preheated 400 F oven for 10 minutes on each side or until fish is flaky (DO NOT OVERCOOK).
- In the meantime, in a cooking pot or large saucepan, bring 4 cups of water to boil.
- Add chopped spinach and cook for 2 minutes.
- Drain immediately and cover with cold water and some ice cubes to cool.
- Drain when cooled and pat spinach dry on paper towelling.
- Divide spinach equally on 4 serving plates.
- Place 1 piece of cooked fish on each plate.
- Pour remaining creamy mixture sauce over fish.
- Serve immediately.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I live in Burnaby, British Columbia. I am retired and have written a cookbook entitled, From Uncle Bill's Kitchen. I am a recipe developer, author, publisher, distributor and a chef. My cookbook is very unique as I have a Nutrient Analysis for each ingredient used in each recipe that shows you the values for Calories, Fat, Cholesterol and Sodium. A high-lighted bar shows the values on a per serving basis plus the Fat/Cal%. From Uncle Bill's Kitchen contains tried-and-true, tested, easy to follow reipes for both novice and experienced cooks. You'll find old Russian, Ukrainian, and other ethnic favorites, along with modern West Coast dishes. The Nutrient Analysis will please the health conscious. Uncle Bill's favorite recipes will reward efforts of the most creative cook and provide the family with many tantalizing, healthful meals. I have appeared on 48 various Television Shows in Vancouver, Burnaby, Kelowna and Kamploops, B.C. Canada, as well as in Palm Springs, CA. In Palm Springs, CA, I have been a Guest on the JACKIE OLDEN RADIO SHOW and THE JOEY ENGLISH RADIO SHOW, twice a year since 1998. I also do demo cooking shows at CHAPTERS BOOK STORES, SAVE-ON-FOOD STORES, GALLOWAY'S FOODS, WESTMINSTER PUBLIC QUAY MARKET, and in the U.S. at BARNES & NOBLE BOOKSTORES in Palm Springs, CA, Phoenix and Yuma, AZ. I was in Palm Springs, CA from June 10th to July 14th. 2002 and again appeared twice on the Jackie Olden Show, twice on the Joey English Show and pre-taped a TV COOKING SHOW with Jackie Olden that is aired on TV from Palm Springs, CA to Los Angeles, CA.