Fillet Bubbly Bake
My first job was as a stenographer for the N.S. Fish Packers Association and at the time they were promoting using frozen fish fillets in meals. They gave away free fish recipes on laminated cards to anyone that requested them by mail. Here is one that I use over & over again as it is quick, easy and tastes really good.
- Ready In:
- 1 lb frozen fish fillet (I use haddock)
- 1 (10 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 2 tablespoons chopped onions
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1⁄2 cup grated cheese
- 3 tablespoons water
- Cut the frozen fillets in four portions.
- Place in a shallow greased casserole.
- Mix the mushroom soup, onion, lemon juice and water and pour over the fillets.
- Top with grated cheese (I sometimes use a bit more than 1/2 cup).
- Bake in hot over (450 degrees) for 20 minutes or until done.