Traditional Filipino method of stir frying steak.
- Ready In:
- 1 1⁄2 lbs sirloin (we also sometimes leave whole and grill) or 1 1/2 lbs porterhouse steaks, cut into 2-inch pieces (we also sometimes leave whole and grill)
- 2 large onions, sliced
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 3 tablespoons cooking oil
- 1⁄2 cup water
- Combine lemon juice, soy sauce, salt and sugar. Pour mixture over beef and marinate for 30 minutes.
- Saute onions in oil until transparent. Transfer to platter.
- Drain beef. Fry in same skillet used to cook onions.
- Pour off excess oil, add marinade and 1/2 cup water. Simmer for 3-4 minutes, scraping off browned bits in skillet. Pour this over meat and onions. Serve with rice.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
I made this tonight for the a challenge on ZWT 2008. We felt it was totally awesome!!! I didn't add the sugar as my family has a huge history for diabetes, and I did add some garlic but followed the rest as directed!!! So yummy!!! I did grill the meat and used the side burner to cook the onions and then cook the sauce. Thanks for a great recipe that both of my kids also enjoyed!! Made for ZWT 2008, thanks for a great recipe Vicki!!!Reply
see 1 more