- Ready In:
- 8 ounces filet mignon
- 3 ounces demi-glace
- 1 sliced portabella mushroom
- 4 destemmed shiitake mushrooms
- 4 porcini mushrooms
- 1 ounce marinara sauce
- 1 potato cake
- 2 slices tomatoes, seasoned with olive oil,salt,pepper and oregano
- 1⁄2 fennel bulb, caramelized
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 sprig rosemary
- 1⁄2 cup merlot
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Season filet with salt and pepper.
- Heat 1 tblsp olive oil in saute pan.
- Sear filet on both sides approximately 2 minutes each.
- Finish in pre-heated 350 degree oven until desired doneness.
- In another pan, heat oil and saute sliced fennel until brown on all sides.
- Remove and reserve.
- Add mushrooms to pan and saute until soft.
- Add merlot and deglaze pan.
- Add demi-glace and heat to a boil.
- Turn off heat and swirl in butter.
- Adjust seasonings.
- place potato cake in center of plate.
- Slice filet into three portions.
- Layer one piece on potato cake.
- Top with with sliced, grilled tomato and fennel.
- Repeat steps and top with last piece of filet.
- Spear with rosemary sprig.
- Laddle sauce around edge of plate.
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I am college student in South Carolina with a passion for food. I recently discovered my passion for cooking, and found that whether or not the dish is for me, I love to cook for others as well. In fact the majority of what I cook is not for me, but for my family. I live at the beach, and am a lover of all foods. I enjoy surfing, fishing, outdoor activities, and cooking. I hope that I can be an asset to this site.