Filet Mignon With Red Wine-Horseradish Sauce
- Ready In:
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 cup shallot, chopped
- 1 teaspoon black peppercorns, crushed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 cups dry red wine
- 1⁄2 cup whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon horseradish
- 4 filet mignon, 1-inch thick
- Melt 1 tablespoon butter in heavy medium saucepan over medium heat.
- Add shallots, peppercorns and thyme and saute mixture until shallots are tender, about 5 minutes.
- Add 2 cups red wine.
- Increase heat and boil until liquid is reduced to 1 cup, about 20 minutes.
- Strain sauce and return to same saucepan.
- Add 1/2 cup whipping cream and boil until reduced to sauce consistency, about 7 minutes.
- Stir in horseradish.
- Season sauce to taste with salt and pepper.
- (Can be prepared 1 day ahead. Cover and refrigerate. Bring to simmer before using).
- Prepare barbecue (medium-high heat) or preheat broiler.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>Hi and thanks for visiting my AM page. My name is Vicki and I love to cook. I've always been an avid collector of recipes and cookbooks - in fact I have over 1200 cookbooks on my computer alone.</p> 8724165"