photo by Rita1652
- Ready In:
9 1/2 pint jars
- 2 1⁄2 lbs fresh figs, chopped
- 1 apple, diced core discarded
- 1 orange, skin discarded
- 3⁄4 cup bottled lemon juice
- 1⁄2 - 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cardamom
- 1 3⁄4 ounces no-sugar-needed pectin
- 4 cups sugar
- Pulse the first three ingredients in a food processor till semi smooth. Or in a blender in batches.
- You`ll be using 5 cups of the puree adding it to a non reactive pot.
- Add all the ingredients but the sugar.
- Bring to a rolling boil stirring to prevent burning.
- Add the sugar and bring back to a rolling boil. Boil for a 3 full minutes.
- Remove from heat and ladle into sterilized jars. Leaving 1/4 inch head space.
- Wipe rims and place lids on add screw tops.
- Process in a hot water canner for 10 minutes.
- Remove and leave in a draft free spot to seal.
- Label and store in a dark cool spot.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!