Fig Jam Sweet Spanish Temptation!
photo by Rita1652
- Ready In:
6 1/2 pint jars
- 2 cups white sugar
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 lbs figs, washed and quartered
- 1⁄4 cup bottled lemon juice
- 1⁄3 cup Licor 43
- In a large pot place sugars, the figs, lemon juice,.
- Stir to release juices it will be thick. Simmer over low heat stirring not to burn. Juices will come and when it does raise heat to high stirring most of the time.
- When it hits a rolling boil for 15 minutes all the time stirring add liquor cook 1 minute.
- Pour into sterile jars leaving 1/4 inch head space and process 10 minutes.
- Optional : for those that like it smoother without chunks you can blend thee figs before adding to sugar or use an immersion blender while cooking.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!