photo by AskCy
- Ready In:
- 672hrs 5mins
- 500 g dried figs
- 5 teaspoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon liquid honey
- 700 ml brandy
- Clean and sterilise a large kilner jar.
- put in the sugar, figs and honey.
- pour in a full bottle of brandy.
- mix around, seal and leave in the fridge for about a month.
- Then drain the liquid into a bottle (through a fine sieve/filter if you want).
- save the figs for cooking (but remember they are laced with brandy !).
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
First started cooking like most people with my mother and grandmother when I was a small child. Even back then I like to mess with food and create different things (pizza toast, cheese spread toasted, fried bread made by buttering the bread and toasting it under the grill..) you can see I was heavily influenced by toast back then but I was only 8 or so... By about 12 I'd started helping out on a sunday with the cooked breakfast, sometimes even doing it all. Since then I've cooked for myself and then for my family and now very extended family. However my real passion for food took off after going on holiday and trying wonderful new dishes that I'd previously never even heard of. This meant once home I'd be having a go at recreating what I'd had... This is still what I'm doing today along with coming up with new and different twists on things and improving on recipes I've made and dishes I've had... welcome to my World LOL Steve