Fiesta Chicken Dinner
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
Fiesta Chicken Dinner from www.lotsofkids.com.
- Ready In:
- 1 lb lean ground chicken
- 1 teaspoon oil
- 1 (9 1/2 ounce) package , kraft deluxe white cheddar on rotini pasta & sauce
- 2 1⁄2 cups hot water
- 1 (19 fluid ounce) can chili-style stewed tomatoes, undrained
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 (19 fluid ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 green onions
- 6 tablespoons sour cream (optional)
- 6 tablespoons salsa (optional)
- Cook chicken in oil in a large nonstick skillet on medium heat 5 to 7 minutes or until no longer pink, stirring frequently.
- Add pasta, hot water, tomatoes with their liquid and the cumin; mix well. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low; cover and simmer 10 minutes.
- Stir in beans and contents of the Cheese and contents of the cheese pouch; cook until heated through, stirring occasionally. Sprinkle with onions. Serve with a heaping tablespoon each of sour cream and salsa on the side, if desired.
- NOTE: Use your favorite beans, such as kidney or black beans and you can substitute 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro for the green onions.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION