Fiery Tofu and Coconut Curry Soup
- Ready In:
- 1hr 25mins
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 tablespoons garlic, minced
- 1⁄4 cup red curry paste
- 1 tablespoon dark brown sugar
- 2 (13 1/2 ounce) cans light coconut milk
- 2 1⁄2 cups vegetable broth (organic)
- 1⁄4 cup lime juice, fresh
- 1⁄4 cup ginger, thinly sliced & peeled
- 2 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 2 cups carrots, thinly sliced (about 4)
- 1 1⁄2 cups green beans (8 ounces)
- 14 ounces soft tofu, water packed, drained and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 3⁄4 cup cilantro leaf (fresh)
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add garlic to pan; saute 30 seconds or until lightly browned. add curry paste; saute 1 minute, stirring constantly. Add brown sugar; cook 1 minute. Stir in coconut milk, broth, juice, ginger and soy sauce. Reduce heat to low; cover and simmer 1 hour. Add carrot; cook for 6 minutes. Add beans and cook 4 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender. Add tofu to pan and cook 2 minutes. Garnish with cilantro leaves.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!