Fettucini With French Onion Soup Sauce
photo by Bobyn
- Ready In:
- 3 cups cooked fettuccine (other types of noodles will work as well)
- 1 1⁄2 cups of pre-chopped cooked ham (I think chopped bacon would taste just as nice)
- 1 (4 ounce) package Lipton Onion Soup Mix
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper
- cayenne pepper
- saute ham until warm with cayenne pepper and about a table spoon of the soup mix.
- add sour cream, milk, and the rest of the soup mix.
- when bubbling (not boiling, burnt milk will be gross) add the noodles and remove from heat.
- add salt, pepper, and parmigan cheese.
- optional: if you really like onion some chopped green onion on top will add color for the presentation but remember there is already onion in the soup mix.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Thank you for this recipe! I was also looking to use what I had in my kitchen, so rather than sour cream, I used a can of mushroom soup, and all of the sour cream I had left (about 2tbsp). I used leftover bacon (about 1/2cup), rather than ham, added extra milk and 2cups of grated mozzerella. I luckily never used any salt, as the bacon and the brand of mushroom soup added a lot of saltiness. I served it with veggies, chicken with dry onion soup mix as a rub, and served the sauce over penne noodles.
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY