Fettuccine With Venetian Chicken Sauce
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
- Ready In:
- 1hr 5mins
- 2 cups chicken stock or 2 cups chicken broth
- 8 ounces boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1 cup finely chopped carrot
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 cup tomato juice, preferably organic
- 1 lb dry fettuccine
- freshly grated parmigiano-reggiano cheese
- In a saucepan, bring chicken stock to a boil.
- Meanwhile, cut the chicken breasts into lengthwise strips about the width of a finger; drop the strips into the boiling stock.
- Cover and bring to a boil; decrease heat and simmer for 4 minutes.
- Remove the cover and set aside, allowing the chicken to cool in the liquid.
- When cool, transfer chicken to a cutting board and reheat the stock.
- Meanwhile, melt 1 tablespoon of the butter in another large saucepan.
- Stir in the garlic and cook over low heat until the garlic becomes golden.
- Add 1 cup water to prevent the garlic from browning; stir to combine.
- Add in carrots and salt; cook over moderate heat, stirring frequently, until the mixture is nearly dry with just a bit of water left.
- Be vigilant and stir constantly toward the end of this step to be sure the carrots do not brown at all.
- Add the hot stock and tomato juice; cover and bring to a boil; decrease heat, set the cover ajar, and simmer gently for 35 minutes or until the carrots are very soft.
- Puree with an immersion blender until you have a smooth puree; set aside.
- Cut the chicken strips lengthwise into 1/8-inch thick slices, then cut across to make 1/8 inch dice; add the chicken to the sauce and reheat gently.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil; generously salt the water and add in the fettuccine.
- Cook, stirring often, until al dente; drain the pasta and transfer to a heated platter or shallow gratin dish.
- Toss with the remaining butter and fold enough sauce to coat the noodles generously.
- Sprinkle with Parmigiano-Reggiano; serve immediately; pass more cheese at the table.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note